This is another recipe based off of The Pioneer Woman – I absolutely love her. And let me tell you that these mashed potatoes are creamy, decadent, smooth, and are to die for! Every time I make these my family gets super excited and they are always a huge hit with company.
Plus, they can be made a day or two in advance! Just cover the potatoes and place in the fridge, then take it out of the fridge about 2 to 3 hours before serving time. Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until warmed through. Easy Peasy 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
Creamy Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lb. russet or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 C Non-Dairy Butter or Ghee
- ½ - ¾ C Dairy Free Yogurt, original, optional but makes it creamy (I like SO Delicious)
- ½ tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ C Non-Dairy Milk
- ½ t Seasoned Salt
- ⅛ tsp.Garlic Powder, or to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ C Chopped Scallions
- Peel (peeling is optional) and cut the potatoes in fourths.
- Place in a very large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until tender. If a fork doesn't easily slide through the potato, they are not done.
- Drain the potatoes in a large colander.
- Return the potatoes to the pot and turn the heat down to low. Mash with a potato masher until all the lumps are gone. Turn off the heat.
- Add the butter, dairy free yogurt, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, coconut creamer or milk, seasoned salt, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Adjust seasonings as needed and mix well.
- Garnish with the chopped scallions.