Ganache is a French term referring to a smooth mixture of chocolate and cream. It is commonly used as a glaze, filling, or frosting. Typically ganache is made with warm heavy cream over chopped chocolate, so I used warm coconut milk over dairy free chocolate chips and added a taste of coffee. This ganache goes perfect with my Moist and Fluffy Chocolate Cupcakes, or as sweet filling in my Dairy Free Truffles — Enjoy!
Dairy Free Chocolate Ganache
- 1 C Dairy Free Chocolate Chips, I use Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- ½ C Full-Fat Canned Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp. instant coffee, optional
- Place chocolate chips and instant coffee (if using) in a medium sized bowl.
- Heat the coconut milk over medium heat until it reaches a gentle boil.
- Pour the warm creamer over the chocolate and coffee, whisk until completely smooth.
- Use as a dip or icing, then refrigerate 30 minutes so the ganache hardens.