*Note-Sorry about the pictures, this is one of the very first recipes I ever posted years ago when I still cooked with white sugar. One day soon I will update my recipe with new pictures and no refined sugar 🙂
If you’re craving an Almond Joy this is the recipe for you! Not only are these easy but also very delicious.
- 4 egg whites
- ⅔ C sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ C coconut flour
- 3 C sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together egg whites, sugar, and salt until very frothy, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla, coconut flour, and coconut flakes.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and drop onto well greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Dip the bottom into the ganache mixture (see link above)
- Place macaroons chocolate side up on a large plate and refrigerate 1 hour, or until set.