So these cute little cookies are made from my leftover pie crust. They are crunchy, but hold together well, have a nice buttery taste, get their sweetness from the preserves on top, and look like little jewels. They tasted almost like a shortbread cookie to me. Or maybe a tiny fruit pie??? I’m not sure. I just know that we really liked them.
I filled mine with apricot preserves because my husband loves apricots, and those were the only kind of preserves I had on hand, but any flavor will do.
I only had enough dough left over to make 4 cookies but if you used all to dough (and no pie) who knows how many it would make! All I did was this:
1. Roll the dough into small balls, mine made 4.
2. Slightly flatten them with the palm of your hand.
3. Press your finger in the middle of each cookie.
4. Then fill each indentation with preserves.
5. Bake them at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes, or until browned. That’s it-that’s my recipe!
Oh yeah, and here’s the link to my gluten free pie crust recipe. I guess you’ll need that.