Kids (and adults) love this recipe because it tastes like marshmallow cream. Yes, marshmallow cream! It’s easy to make, has a great shine, and holds it’s shape well. Perfect on top of a chocolate cake, between two cookies, or even injected into the middle of cupcakes for a sweet filling- like a Hostess cupcake!!!
I came up with this recipe because I was looking for a white frosting that didn’t have tons and tons of powdered sugar and wasn’t made with cream cheese. There are many white coconut frostings out there that are sugar free, but I wanted just a pure white frosting with no coconut flavor. When I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and read the comments, I knew it would be a success. I just made a few simple changes to make it sugar free.
Variation – fold in 1 C chopped, fresh strawberries and use as a frosting for strawberry cake or cupcakes!
*You don’t need to worry about raw eggs because the honey mixture cooks the egg whites.
White Fluffy Frosting - Dairy, Soy, And Sugar Free!!!
*This frosting is best if eaten the same day you make it.
- 1 C agave nectar or honey
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, mix together the agave nectar and cream of tartar.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Then, reduce heat to low and let simmer. Stir occasionally.
- While that's simmering, beat the egg whites and vanilla (some people prefer almond tract) until foamy.
- Add a pinch of salt and continue beating until it forms hard peaks. This takes from 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the speed to low on your mixer and pour in the agave mixture.
- Beat on medium high until the frosting in glossy and well combined, 2 to 3 minutes.
Here’s my picts 🙂