Even though I haven’t come up with a decent mozzarella or cheddar cheese recipe, all of my experimenting and learning about the different flavor profiles and taste components of cheese did pay off. It led me to this easy and tasty Parmesan cheese recipe.
*Helpful Hints (I think this is going to become a permanent feature!)
-You can make your own blanched almond flour for this recipe by grinding slivered almonds in a food processor or blender until it becomes a finely ground flour.
-If you prefer, you can grind the sesame seeds in a coffee grinder (maybe a blender or food processor?). Just remember that the recipe calls for 2 T before grinding.
- ½ C blanched almond flour
- 2 T sesame seeds (optional but gives it a cultured type taste)
- ½ tsp. sea salt, more to taste
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast, more to taste (gives it a cheesy taste, found on the spice aisle of your local health food store)
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.