This is my 4th entry for the Betty Crocker’s Gluten Free Challenge – Cinnamon Apple Muffins! They are super easy to make and very tasty. I made them yesterday and they are already gone!
One day soon I will make all of these yummy muffin recipes from scratch using heart-healthy almond flour and maybe even bake them sugar free. But for now, it’s nice to have some stand-by recipes using a box of pre-mixed flour to use in a pinch. I have recently been discovering some good sugar replacements such as sucanat and palm sugar…. but more on that later.
1 box Betty Crocker’s gluten free yellow cake mix
1/2 C water
2 tsp vanilla (gluten free)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp lemon juice
3 granny smith apples
2 T agave nectar or honey
1. Preheat oven to to 350 degrees.
2. Core, peel, and chop the apples into small pieces (I cut my apples a bit too big, but still good)
3. In a medium bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, lemon juice, and agave.
4. In a large bowl, add the yellow cake mix, eggs, vanilla, water, and apples. Now stir, stir, stir until very well combined.
5. Line a muffin tin with baking cups and fill each cup with batter.
6. Bake 18-23 minutes.