This is my mom’s chicken salad recipe that I’ve been eating since I was a little kid. I just made a few adjustments so it would be dairy free and ever so slightly adjusted the seasonings. Thanks Mom!
*Veganaise contains a small amount of soy. If you are soy free you may want to try this mayo recipe from Adventures Of A Gluten Free Mom
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 3 boiled eggs
- ½ C chopped dill pickles
- ½ C Veganaise
- 1 T lemon juice
- ¼ - ½ t seasoned salt
- Thaw the chicken if needed. Then, add olive oil to a large skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and season with paprika, salt, and pepper. Turn every few minutes and cook until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken and place on large cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken and place in a large bowl.
- If you haven't already, boil the eggs. Want to know the perfect method for boiling eggs??? Just cover the eggs with cold water in a large pot. Then place pot over medium-high heat. As soon as it starts boiling, turn off the burner and set your timer for 7 minutes. Done!
- Peel and chop up your eggs. Now throw them in the bowl with the chicken.
- Now chop up your dill pickles and throw them in the bowl as well.
- Add the Veganaise, lemon juice, and seasoned salt. Toss to combine.
- Serve with your favorite gluten free bread. I like to toast my bread... yum!