This is one of those week night dinners that I make all the time. It is quick, easy, and most of all – delicious!
HERE is the link to my favorite dairy free ranch dressing!
Wedge Taco Salad And Taco Seasoning
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ - 1 tsp salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp. coconut palm sugar or sweetener to taste, optional
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ C water
Wedge Taco Salad:
- Taco Meat (see above)
- 1 head lettuce
- dairy free ranch dressing (see link above)
- diced tomatoes
- 1 can pinto beans
- Spray pan with gluten free cooking oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Add beef and onion then cook until meat is browned and onions are translucent.
- Drain off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients. Taste as adjust seasonings as needed.
- Bring to boil. Then, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare the taco meat and ranch dressing. Then place drained pinto beans on stove to heat up.
- Wash the lettuce. Then, hit the bottom of the head of lettuce really hard against the counter so the core will come out -- this is my favorite part 🙂
- Cut the head of lettuce in half, then half each half so you have 4 beautiful wedges!
- Place each wedge on a separate plate.
- Add taco meat, beans, and tomatoes to each wedge.
- Drizzle on the ranch dressing and serve. Sprinkle with additional salt if desired.