Before proceeding, just know that if you’re looking for an innovative gourmet recipe… just go ahead and skip over this. If you’re looking for something super easy to have on the table in less that 15 minutes, these chicken enchiladas for you.
The only thing remotely complicated about this recipe is the cream cheese. If I know we’re going to have a busy week ahead of us, I make mine before hand so it’s ready to go… or you can buy a tub of dairy free cream cheese. Cinch!
Here are the links to my dairy free cream cheese, Perfectly Cooked Shredded Chicken, and Paleo Tortillas or Cassava Flour Paleo Tortillas
- 2 5 oz. cans chicken (or make your own, link above)
- 1 can enchilada sauce (read labels to make sure it's gluten and dairy free)
- 8 oz. dairy free cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- 10-12 corn tortillas or Paleo flour tortillas, link above
- olive oil
- lettuce, optional for garnish
- cilantro, optional for garnish
- tomato, optional for garnish
- Heat about 2 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Using tongs, heat a tortilla 1-2 minutes per side, or until soft and pliable. Repeat for remaining tortillas and set aside. If you do not have a tortilla warmer, place them on a plate between 2 damp paper towels.
- Pour your enchilada sauce in a pan to heat. Bring to boil and then let simmer.
- In large skillet, heat the cream cheese, chicken, and salsa over medium heat. Cook until mixture has a sauce consistency.
- Spoon chicken mixture into the middle of each tortilla and place seam-side down on a plate. Pour about 2 Tbsp. enchilada sauce over top of each tortilla and garnish with lettuce, cilantro, and tomatoes - or whatever you have on hand, I only had lettuce 🙂
- Serve to hungry people!