My husbands grandma makes the best deviled eggs in the world, so that’s who I naturally called when I was looking for a deviled egg recipe.
She didn’t have an exact recipe because everything was to taste. She said to just add a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I had to make a few adjustments and improvise just a bit so they would be dairy free, but after I made them my husband said he loved them and that they tasted just like his grandma’s! Wow!
But before you see my recipe look at this HUGE cantaloupe a friend gave us out of her garden:
- 7 eggs ( I don't know why I used 7 eggs, I just did. I'm weird like that)
- 2 Tbsp. Veganaise, soy free
- 1-2 Tbsp. prepared mustard, to taste
- 1 tsp. sweet pickle juice
- pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Boil your eggs*: Cover eggs with cold water in a large saucepan and bring to boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let set in water for an additional 5 minutes.
- Peel your eggs as carefully as possible.
- Slice in half lengthwise.
- Place yolks in bowl, and egg whites in a deviled egg holder.
- Add remaining ingredients (except paprika) to the yolks and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Spoon the yolk mixture evenly into the egg whites, then sprinkle with paprika.