*I am working on a grain and refined sugar free version 🙂 I’m thinking my new pumpkin spice muffin recipe would work, but I haven’ t tried it yet.
This recipe has been in the making for quite some time. The batter is my pumpkin cupcake batter with amped up spices, and the glaze is a traditional sticky-bun glaze (placed at the bottom of the pan then inverted) with added pecans.
The first time I tried this I made it in a muffin tin. I didn’t think about the muffins rising so when I inverted them they just fell over, dope. Then, I decided to spoon the glaze on top of my batter. This time the glaze ran out all on top of my muffin tin and burned onto my pan – again with the rising thing.
I wasn’t going to give up though because they tasted so great… I just needed to figure out the best way to cook them. That’s when I remembered my bundt pan, my trusty bundt pan. Not only did my cake come out tasting amazing, but it looked amazing too! I was so excited!!!!
I love all the flavors and smells of fall and this cake fits right in. Enjoy!
-You can substitute the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves for 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice.
- 1 box Betty Crocker's gluten free yellow cake mix
- ¼ C canola oil
- ½ C SO Delicious coconut milk or preferred milk alternative
- 2 large eggs
- 12 oz. (3/4 can) canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ C Earth Balance butter
- ½ C brown sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
- ½ C chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- For the topping: Melt the butter, sugar, and agave in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour into bundt pan. Sprinkle the pecans on top. Set aside.
- For the cake: Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium until well combined. Pour into bundt pan over the sticky-pecan glaze.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
- Immediately invert onto platter.
- Marvel at how beautiful it is. Serve. Marvel at how great it tastes. 🙂
This post is part of Slightly Indulgent Tuesday