Yesterday I was looking through my cabinets for a quick and easy snack to send with the kids to school. I didn’t have a lot of time (or groceries), and this is what I came up with: Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats! I made them in less than 15 minutes and my kids loved them. In fact, I wasn’t even planning on posting this recipe (that’s why there are no step-by-step pictures) but we loved them so much I decided to share my recipe with all of you. So here it is:
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Tbsp. Earth Balance butter
- 4 C mini marshmallows
- ½ C peanut butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 5 C Rice Krispies, gluten free
- Coat a 13 x 9 in pan with cooking oil.
- In a very large pot, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt until completely incorporated.
- Give your arm a good workout and add in the Rice Krispies. Stir well.
- Using greased hands, press mixture evenly into pan. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Yum!