I love this pie not only because it’s beautiful, delicious, and chocolate, but also because it’s sooo easy. Can you believe it only has 4 ingredients? Coconut, butter, coconut milk, and chocolate chips!
When I found this recipe from Martha Stewart I just knew I had to make it. But instead of making a velvety ganache filling with heavy cream, I used coconut milk and it worked perfect!
I like to serve this to guests because it looks like I slaved for hours over the stove making this beautiful dessert, but in reality I can whip it up in no time. And I also like that it can be made the day before. This is my kind of dessert!
But be warned: it’s super rich!!!
- 4 Tbsp. Earth Balance Butter, Softened
- 1 14-oz. Package Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Canned Coconut Milk (place in fridge so the cream separates from the liquid, then use as much of the cream as possible)
- 1 10-oz. Package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the softened butter with ⅓ of the coconut and process until it comes together. Slowly add the remaining coconut. If it gets too thick to process, remove to bowl and mix the rest by hand.
- Place a 9-in pie pan onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press coconut mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, leaving the top edges loose and fluffy.
- Make a foil-ring to prevent the edges from burning: 1) Tear off a piece of foil about 3 times the length of the pan. 2) Fold it length-wise twice. 3) Wrap it around the pie so it covers the crust.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until the center starts to brown. Remove foil ring and bake another 3-5 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Pour your chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl.
- Scoop the coconut cream into a measuring cup. If you have less than 1 cup of cream, finish filling the measuring cup with the coconut liquid. Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Pour over chocolate chips and stir until completely smooth. This may take a few minutes.
- Pour into cooled crust and place uncovered in refrigerator until set, at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
Here’s my picts 🙂