We have a Frullati Cafe & Bakery at a local mall and I absolutely love their smoothies! My favorite is their orange pineapple coconut smoothie. I’ve been trying to replicate it for some time now but all the recipes I’ve tried just seem bland compared to the one from Frullati. But after making this Orange Julius recipe I finally figured out the key to getting those rich flavors – frozen juice concentrate! Hooray!
My little boy Lance loves smoothies and liked the Orange Julius I made but said he wanted a smoothie that tastes like the one at the mall. So then when I made this yesterday after school he said, “Thank you mommy this tastes just like the one at the mall.” Can’t get a better compliment than that 🙂
– You can replace the coconut milk with any preferred milk, but it enhances the coconut flavor.
– You can replace 6 oz. of frozen orange pineapple juice concentrate ( if you can find it, which I couldn’t) for the 3 oz. of orange and 3 oz. of pineapple concentrate.
- 3 oz. Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate (1/4 can)
- 3 oz. Frozen Pineapple Juice Concentrate (1/4 can)
- ¼ C + 2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar or Honey
- ½ C Water
- 1 C Coconut Milk, Canned
- 1 Tsp. Coconut Extract
- 10 - 12 Ice Cubes
- Blend all ingredients except ice cubes in blender and process until smooth and frothy.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until smooth, or desired consistency.