I am loving my pizza crust recipe, there are just so many possibilities. My latest creation was this Taco Pizza. Topped with refried beans, taco meat, and pico de gallo, it’s delicious and easy.
Mexican Flatbread Pizza
- 1 Pizza Crust Recipe (See Link Above)
- 1 Can (14.5 oz) Refried Beans
- 2 Tbsp. Salsa
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Lb. Beef
- ½ Chopped Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- ¾ - 1 Tsp Sea Salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- ½ Tsp. Oregano
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- ⅓ C water
Pico De Gallo
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1½ C (approximately) Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Jalapeno, optional
- 1 Lime
- ½ Tsp. Salt, to taste
- Easy Peasy Sour Cream Recipe, optional
- Prepare the pizza crust as directed, leaving out the Italian seasonings out and baking without adding toppings. Set aside.
- Prepare the taco meat: Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the beef and onion and cook until browned. Drain off fat. Add the remaining taco meat ingredients and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. While that's simmering...
- Prepare the pico de gallo: Chop up jalapeno (if using) and the same amount of tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Place in large bowl season with salt (to taste) and lime juice (to taste). Set aside.
- *This is The Pioneer Woman's pico de gallo recipe.
- Stir together the beans and salsa in a medium-sized pot. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Time to assemble! Spread the beans on the flatbread, using as much as desired (I didn't spread my flatbread out super thin so I only used about ¾ can).
- Add the taco meat.
- Then, serve with a big pile of pico de gallo and sour cream! Mmmmm...... I'm getting hungry again 🙂