My family gobbled these tacos down as if none of us had ever eaten before. We ate every last piece of chicken… next time I will make 4 chicken breasts instead of 3! Granted, we had all been working and playing outside and were eating a little bit late, but I like to think we gobbled it up because the tacos we just that good! This recipe will definitely become part of my regular rotation.
If you want to save a bit of time, you can replace all of the spices with a package of gluten free taco seasoning and use an allergy friendly store bought ranch dressing, but I prefer to make my own.
So here it is:
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¾ Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- ½ Tsp. Oregano
- ¼ Tsp. Sugar, Honey, or Preferred Sweetener
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- ½ C Ranch Dressing + more as needed (see link above for recipe)
- Olive Oil
- 10 Tortillas, or as many as desired (see link above for recipe)
- Tomatoes, for garnish
- Lettuce, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken in glass baking dish and season both sides with salt and pepper. Bake 25 - 30 minutes, or until cooked through
- Then, cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Transfer chicken to a large skillet and turn burner to medium heat. Then, add the seasonings: onion powder, garlic powder, salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder, oregano, and sugar. Notice: You do not add olive oil, cooking spray, or water to the pan! Stir until chicken is coated and everything is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ranch dressing and stir it around. Soooo good!!!! Turn the burner down to a simmer to keep warm while you heat the tortillas and stir occasionally.
- Add about 2 Tbsp. olive oil to a skillet and turn burner to medium heat.
- Heat tortillas in skillet about a minute per side or just until soft. Transfer to a plate lined with a damp paper towel. Then, cover with a damp paper towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Now turn it into a taco!!! Place the meat on bottom and garnish with tomatoes, lettuce, and more ranch!!! De-licious!!!
adapted from Do You Smell That?