I’ve made many gluten free chicken picatta recipe’s over the past few years and this one is by far our favorite. The chicken stays juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. It’s also super easy and has become a part of our regular rotation 🙂
It pairs perfect with Tinkyada gluten free pasta or zucchini noodles with a veggie – Enjoy!
Pin for later:
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ⅓ C Arrowroot or Tapioca Flour
- ⅓ C Blanched Almond Flour or Otto's Cassava Flour For Nut Free
- ¼ Tsp. Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp Earth Balance Butter or Ghee, divided + more as needed
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil + more as needed
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- ⅓ C Chicken Stock or White Wine
- 2 Lemons (juice from 1, garnish with the other)
- 2 Tbsp. Capers
- ¼ C Parsley
- Wrap chicken in plastic wrap (so juice doesn't fly everywhere) and pound chicken with mallet until it's ¼ in. thick. If you don't have a mallet use a heavy skillet. Your family and friends will think you've gone wacko beating the chicken but it's an important step... don't skip it! Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter over medium heat until butter is melted.
- While that's heating, mix together the arrowroot, almond flour, salt, and pepper in shallow bowl.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and place in skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until nicely browned and cooked through. Do not over crowd pan, cook in batches adding more butter and oil if needed. Set aside on nice serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Have your chicken broth ready to go, then add the garlic and cook maybe 15 seconds or until fragrant. Add chicken broth or white wine to pan and use a wooded spoon to de-glaze. Then, turn heat to high and add the juice of 1 lemon and capers. Let bubble for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and 3 Tbsp butter until melted.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with sliced lemon.