There’s an awesome little cafe in Moore, OK called Two Olives and they have the best chicken salad sandwiches! This is my version of their chicken salad recipe but it’s allergy friendly so my whole family can enjoy it.
But that doesn’t mean it’s lacking in taste! I left some of my chicken salad at my parents house last week and when my dad came home from work he ate all the leftovers not knowing it was gluten, dairy, and egg free! He loved it and said it was real chicken salad 🙂 Thanks dad!!!
I like this recipe in the summertime because I can make it in the morning, go to the pool (or do whatever) with the kids, and when we come home we have dinner made… awesome!
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ C Chopped Grapes
- ¼ C Finely Chopped Onions
- ½ C Chopped Walnuts
- ¾ C Mayonaisse (see link above)
- ½ - 1 Tsp. Sea Salt, to taste
- ¼ - ½ Tsp. Black Pepper, to taste
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Rudi's GF Bread, or gluten free bread of choice
- Place chicken in large pot and cover with water. Place over medium-high heat and bring to boil. Boil 25 - 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking toast the walnuts. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place nuts on baking sheet and toast 5 minutes, or until fragrant and golden. Do not burn. Set aside.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove chicken, shred with 2 forks, and place in large bowl.
- Chop the grapes and onion.
- Add the Vegenaise, grapes, onion, walnuts, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the chicken and mix well. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Place in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or until ready to eat.
- Toast bread, pour some balsamic vinaigrette on the toast and fill with chicken salad. SO GOOD!!!