Despite the long ingredient list, this salad is pretty easy. I like to put the chicken in the fridge to marinade in the morning, then when it comes time for dinner I can whip it up in no time!
I like this salad because it’s full of flavor and very filling, but at the same time it’s healthy and I don’t feel like a fat blob after I eat it!
It’s packed with lots of fresh southwest flavors and my family loved it 🙂 If you’re kids don’t like anything hot (like mine) just reduce the adobo sauce in the dressing and then you can freeze the remaining peppers to use at another time.
Here’s the recipe:
*For grain free just omit the tortilla chips and corn 🙂
- 3 Large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ C Fresh Lime Juice (about 3 limes)
- ⅓ C Water
- 2 Tbsp. Oil (I used grapeseed)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Gluten Free Soy Sauce (or soy sauce alternative such as liquid aminos)
- 1 Tsp. Liquid Smoke
- ¼ Tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 Canned Chipotle Pepper In Adobe Sauce, seeded and chopped
- ¾ C Vegenaise (mayo)
- ⅓ C SO Delicious Coconut Milk, or preferred milk alternative
- ½ Tsp. Distilled White Vinegar
- ¼ C Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 Canned Chipotle Pepper In Adobo Sauce, seeded and chopped, + 1½ Tsp. Adobo Sauce
- ¼ Tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Frozen Ears Of Corn
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Earth Balance Butter, melted
- 8 Cups Lettuce Of Choice
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Small Avocado, peeled and diced
- ½ Small Red Onion, peeled thinly sliced
- 1 15-oz. Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Tortilla Chips, for garnish
- Cut the chicken into strips and place in a large baggie. Add all of the marinade ingredients and place in fridge at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Cover and place in fridge so flavors can mesh.
- Place 2 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Use tongs to transfer chicken to skillet, shaking off excess liquid.
- Cook for 5 -7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Set aside and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Cover corn with cold water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil and cover. Boil 7 - 8 minutes, or until tender.
- When corn is cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife to slice kernels off the cob and place in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Then, stir in the butter.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Place lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, avocado, onion, corn, and black beans in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chipotle dressing and tortilla chips.
Here’s my picts 🙂
this post is part of Allergy Free Wednesdays