My family is so happy when I make muffins for them to eat with breakfast. We pretty much have the exact same thing every morning so when I change things up they get super excited!
We especially liked these muffins because they have all the comforting spices of fall and they were particularly moist (and less fattening) because I used applesauce. And, of coarse, they are grain and dairy free 🙂
- 1¼ C Blanched Almond Flour, Honeyville Brand
- ¾ C Arrowroot Flour
- 1½ Tsp. Baking Powder (Grain-Free Recipe)
- ¼ Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Tsp. Ground Cloves
- 3 Large Eggs
- ⅓ C Applesauce
- 3 Tbsp. Earth Balance Coconut Spread (or butter of choice)
- ⅔ C Granulated Sugar (I used coconut palm sugar)
- ¼ C SO Delicious Coconut Milk or preferred milk alternative
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the almond flour, arrowroot, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves until well mixed. Set aside.
- Peel, core, and finely chop the apples. Stir in the lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the applesauce, coconut sugar, and coconut spread until well blended. Add in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Slowly beat in the vanilla, milk alternative, and dry ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in the apples.
- Line a muffin tin with baking cups or spray with cooking oil. Evenly divide the batter into each cup. Bake 17 - 20 minutes or until browned on top.
- Cool completely to properly set up. Enjoy!
Here are my picts I took while baking 🙂