We had such a long hot summer I am really welcoming all things fall. We’ve been eating lots of sweet potatoes after school and I’ve already made pumpkin pie, pumpkin cupcakes, and now pumpkin cheesecake.
I’ve wanted to make a pumpkin cheesecake for well over a year now and I finally got around to it! Since I already have a vegan cheesecake recipe, converting it to a pumpkin cheesecake was pretty easy.
I’m really amazed and can’t believe how soaked cashews can be so creamy, rich, and turn into such a decadent cheesecake. If you’ve never tried using cashews in place of dairy you really should, even if don’t have allergies… It’s awesome!
pin for later:
- ¼ C Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1¾ C Blanched Almond Flour (what I used b/c it was on hand) OR 2 C Raw Walnuts
- ¾ C Whole Pitted Dates, soaked in warm water if hard
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tsp. Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Dash of Ginger
- 1 C Pumpkin Puree
- 2 C Raw Cashews Soaked In Water 3 - 6 hours
- ½ C Honey, more to taste (Use Pure Maple Syrup for Agave Syrup for Vegan)
- 6 - 10 Drops Liquid Vanilla Stevia (optional, I have a real sweet tooth!)
- ½ C Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ C Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 1½ Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Ground Cloves
- Up To ¼ C Water, as needed
- Grease an 8 inch spring foam pan with cooking oil or coconut oil, then sprinkle with coconut flakes to prevent sticking.
- Add the remaining crust ingredients to a food processor and process until well combined. Then, press into spring foam pan and place in freezer while you make the filling.
- For the filling: Drain cashews. Add all ingredients, except water, to a high powered blender and blend until smooth, scraping down bowl as necessary. Add water as needed to help facilitate blending. Taste and adjust spices and sweetener as desired.
- Pour filling into crust. Place in freezer for at least an hour to set up.
- Let set at room temperature to slightly soften before eating, 30 minutes to an hour. Garnish with caramel sauce (link above), coconut cream (link above), and cinnamon! Oh. My. Goodness.