I know it’s not exactly ice cream season, but around here we eat ice cream all year around… every Tuesday night to be exact!
You might be wondering how I got that beautiful green color without using food coloring. Well… I used spinach!!!
I know it sounds really gross to put spinach in ice cream but I promise you, no one will ever know and you can’t taste it at all!
If you like mint and chocolate you will love this ice cream! I know we sure did 🙂
Helpful Hints About Vegan Ice Cream:
– I use SO Delicious coconut milk creamer because it’s thick, creamy, and has a neutral flavor so the coconut flavor doesn’t overpower the ice cream.
– If you can’t find coconut milk creamer, replace it with full fat canned coconut milk, hemp milk, or cashew milk.
– The guar gum is optional but it makes the ice cream thick and smooth.
– The ice cream just gets better with time as the flavors blend and mellow.
- 1 Can (2 Cups) Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1½ Cup SO Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer, original (see note above)
- ½ Tsp. Guar Gum
- ½ Cup Honey (or agave nectar for vegan)
- 1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla
- ½ Cup Baby Spinach (baby spinach is softer and easier to process)
- 2½ Tsp. Peppermint Extract
- ¼ Cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (or preferred dairy free chocolate chips)
- Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into a shallow dish (I use a 6 C pyrex dish with a lid) and place in freezer for 1 hour or in the fridge until cold. Make ice cream according to the manufacturers directions.
- When mixture starts to thicken add in the chocolate chips and continue mixing until done (about 15 minutes in my kitchen aid).
- Eat right away or place in freezer to harden for pretty scoops 🙂