Yes, I do realize the name is kind of corny but I was really having trouble naming it! The name “Green Smoothie” seems so boring and not very appetizing so I wanted to give it some excitement. It might not be the greatest name ever, but it’s what I ended up with! … and besides, it is creamy and dreamy 🙂
I’ve been drinking green smoothies for well over a year now. I find they are filling, fast, and a good way to get all of your fruits and veggies in. However, I’m a bit picky about my smoothies – they have to be somewhat sweet and can’t have a strong veggie taste. I also don’t like cucumbers or celery, 2 very common ingredients in green smoothies.
- 1 C Packed Kale or Baby Spinach
- 1 Green Apple, Cored
- 1 Kiwi, peeled (optional, or additional sweetener of choice)
- ¼ C Chopped Pineapple or Pear (I use the kids pineapple fruit cups + juice)
- ¼ Avocado, Diced
- Juice of ½ a Lime
- 3 or 4 Ice Cubes
- 1 C Water, + More As Needed
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Drink and enjoy!