My Go-To Green Bean Recipe
- 1 Lb. Green Beans (rough estimate, 4 or 5 big 'ol handfuls!)
- 2 -3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Medium Onion
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, optional
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Trim ends off the ends of the green beans and finely chop the onion and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Place about 2 inches of water in a pot fitted with a steamer attachment. Bring to boil. Add green beans to steamer attachment, and cook, covered (I did cover my green beans even thought it doesn't look like it in the picture!) for 15 minutes or until desired tenderness... many people like their green beans crisp-tender, about 5 minutes but we like ours really soft 🙂
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small skillet. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until onions are tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- When green beans are done transfer to a bowl. Add in the onion mixture, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat and serve.