*While I still love these brownies, HERE is my updated recipe for dense, fudgy brownies that I now routinely make and is my new favorite
I haven’t done much cooking or baking lately but last night I was really wanting some dessert so I decided to make some no-bake brownie bites. But at the last minute I decided to make a few changes ’cause I wanted real, baked brownies!
Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine they would turn out so perfect, I was just making stuff up as I went along! They turned out soft, a tiny bit gooey, and had a crackly crust.
While I love my ultimate grain free brownie recipe, which has an earthy, dark chocolate kind of taste, these are more similar to the boxed brownies I grew up on and they were pretty much the best brownies ever! They were such a huge hit that the 4 of us ate the whole batch last night (probably not the best idea) and they asked me to make more
- ½ C Whole Pitted Dates, soaked in hot water 15 minutes if hard (I used 7 pitted medjool dates)
- ¼ Tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 C Blanched Almond Flour
- ¼ C Cocoa Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ C Smooth Almond Butter
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. Melted Coconut Oil (or preferred oil)
- ¼ C Dairy Free Chocolate Chips (I prefer the Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line and grease an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 in pan with foil and set aside.
- Add the almond flour, soda, salt, and cocoa powder to the bowl of a food processor and process until all the dry ingredients are well blended.
- Add the dates, eggs, almond butter, honey, and coconut oil. Process until well blended, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Pulse in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Batter will be thick. Use a wet spatchula or wet hands to smooth into pan.
- Bake 20 - 30 minutes.
this post is part of Allergy Free Wednesdays, Whole Food Fridays, Fat Tuesday,Whole Foods Wednesdays, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Fridays, and Allergy Free Wednesdays