I’m still on my pumpkin kick, and this time I made pumpkin bread! It’s lusciously moist, high in protein, and fills the whole house with the warm spices of fall.
Not only was the texture spot-on, but I took Amy’s advice from Simply Sugar & Gluten Free and added orange zest and orange juice to the batter. It really is the magic ingredient that brightens the flavor and makes this bread special.
I think this is hands down our favorite bread (even though my banana bread was pretty good, hummm….). It went faster than anything else I’ve ever made, and I cook A LOT – the whole loaf was gone by the end of the day! Not only that, but it was really simple to make:
You just whisk the dry ingredients together, stir in all the remaining ingredients, then pour the batter into a greased 8 x 4 inch pan See, simple!!!
Next up… pumpkin cookies
*Here is a grain free baking powder recipe.
- 1¼ C Blanched Almond Flour, Honeyville Brand
- ¾ C Arrowroot or Tapioca Flour
- 2½ Tsp. Grain Free Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1 Tsp. Orange Zest
- 2 Tbsp. Orange Juice (preferably fresh!)
- ½ C Honey
- ¾ C Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 4 inch baking pan (you can find disposable ones in this size at Wal-Mart or buy one on Amazon), set aside.
- Whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and orange zest.
- Stir in the orange juice, honey, pumpkin puree, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Bake 50 – 55 minutes, covering with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent the top from over-browning.
- Cool for 1 hour.