Me and the kids just LOVE store-bought chocolate pudding. Before going dairy free we ate the Snack Pack puddings and after going dairy free I started buying the almond milk chocolate pudding, but it’s just so expensive I hardly buy it.
I’ve tried many chocolate pudding recipes over the past few months, and while they were good, none of them tasted like the store bought pudding we love, and besides that some of the recipes took a long time to make, having to be cooked on the stove top and thickened with egg yolks- no thank you!
I’ve made this chocolate pudding so many times trying to perfect it, I think you could rightly say that I have become obsessed! But I’m happy to report that I now have a delicious dairy free copycat snack pack chocolate pudding that only takes 5 minutes to make and is perfect to send in a small container for the kiddos lunches 🙂
Pin for later:
- ¼ C Honey, or to taste (maple syrup will also work but will slightly change taste)
- ½ Large or 1 Small Soft & Ripe Avocado, peeled and pitted
- ⅓ C + 1 Tbsp Coconut Cream
- ¼ C Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 4 Tbsp. Non-Dairy Milk
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend on high until smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed. This may take several minutes.
- Taste and add more honey if needed.
- Place in fridge until thickened. If serving immediately you can reduce or even omit the non-dairy milk as needed to achieve the right texture.
this post is part of Allergy Free Wednesdays, Raw Food Thursdays, Gluten Free Fridays, WholeFood Fridays, & Gluten Free Wednesdays