In my opinion, this is the ultimate chocolate lovers dessert: Chocolate Molten Cakes, which are also know as Chocolate Lava Cakes because when you cut into it there is a goo-ey, pudding like center – that’s awesome, sign me up for that!!!
Not only are chocolate molten cakes very impressive looking and taste amazing, but this recipe is surprisingly easy to make. I can have these in the oven, start to finish, within 15 minutes!!!
The first time I had a chocolate molten cake, my sister had made everyone in our family one while we were on vacation. I instantly fell in love and I’ve been making her recipe ever since 🙂 When I first started making these I, of coarse, changed the recipe to be gluten free but that’s the only thing I changed – the flour, I still used butter and white sugar. Then, I only had to make a few more simple changes to make them Paleo compliant, and they are still just as good as the original version my sister makes 🙂
Here are the easy steps:
- ¾ C Refined Coconut Oil or Dairy Free Butter
- ¾ C Enjoy Life Dairy Free Mini Chocolate Chips
- 3 Whole Eggs
- ½ C Coconut Palm Sugar
- ⅓ C Arrowroot Flour (Tapioca would *probably* work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 4 ramekins with cooking spray or coconut oil and set aside.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a simmer.
- In a large heatproof bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Then, place bowl over simmering water being careful that the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- Stir mixture until chocolate is completely melted then remove from heat.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and sugar on high for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the chocolate mixture and arrowroot flour. Mix well.
- Evenly divide batter between the ramekins.
- Bake 12 - 18 minutes, depending on how goo-ey you want them. I usually bake mine 14 minutes or until they are just starting to puff up in the center but still jiggly.
- Garnish with berries, cocoa powder, and dairy free vanilla ice cream if desired 🙂
this post is part of Fat Tuesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Fridays, Allergy Free Fridays, Gluten Free Recipe Fix, and Allergy Free Wednesdays