It’s hard to find a good BBQ sauce that doesn’t have ‘high fructose corn syrup’ as one of it’s main ingredients. And even if you can find a BBQ sauce that you like without high fructose corn syrup, it usually has cornstarch and refined sugars or is crazy expensive.
I know no one has time to make everything from scratch, but my family goes through so much BBQ sauce that I’ve decided it’s worth it to make it myself (along with homemade mayo!). At first I was testing recipes that require chopping and blending and even though that’s not hard, lets face it – I’m only going to actually continue making homemade bbq sauce if 1) it’s the easiest thing in the world and 2) it has a rich, sweet and tangy taste that my family loves as much as the store-bought. And I’m really happy because this recipe fits the bill in both regards 🙂
Even though the recipe seems really long, it’s actually extremely easy and calls for no weird ingredients. Serve it with Country Style BBQ Ribs, Wings, BBQ Chicken Pizza, Crockpot BBQ Ribs from The Country Cook, and much much more!
Here’s the recipe:
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- ½ C Water
- ⅓ C Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ C White Vinegar
- 1½ tsp. Natural Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1½ tsp. Ground Mustard
- 1½ tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Allspice
- ¼ tsp. Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos (or gluten free soy sauce but then no longer Paleo)
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- ⅓ C Molasses
- ¼ C Coconut Palm Sugar, or To Taste (or brown sugar but then no longer Paleo)
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cayenne Pepper
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- 1 tsp. Juice from a can of Adobe Peppers in Adobo sauce, OPTIONAL but adds depth of flavor
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to a month, I use a mason jar.
Also, I would like to let everyone know that for the month of December if you spend $95 or more you get a FREE Night Serum (a $29.95 value) from Ava Anderson Non-Toxic! Click HERE for more information.