Many of you already know, but as of last month Ava Anderson Non-Toxic officially became Pure Haven Essentials! The Anderson Family has decided to step down from daily operations and the management team, who collectively have over 150 years of business experience, has taken over. The new company produces 100% of the products in-house and is in the process of becoming fully USDA certified!
What does that mean for you? All of the products are basically the same, with only a few undergoing some minor changes. Also, since the new company only produces in-house to have full control over the ingredients, anything made elsewhere will be unavailable until they can produce it themselves. But the process is moving fast and they are adding back products all the time!
I would not be telling you about the company if I didn’t use and love their products myself. Some of my favorites that I love are the mascara, lotion, the entire skin care line, lipstick, dream cream, and all the hair products. The only thing I’ve tried that I haven’t just loved was the make-up remover but everything else is awesome. Also, I never thought I would find a natural deodorant that actually worked for me because most regular deodorants don’t even work for me, but I’m absolutely in love with their stick deodorant – I can’t go without!!!
Here’s some more information about the products. All Pure Haven Essentials products are FREE of:
- Parabens (these mimic estrogen and are suspected to be linked to breast cancer)
- Synthetic “Fragrance” (this is a “catch all” to hide hundreds of ingredients. 75% of products with “fragrance” have phthalates which are linked to birth defects, breast cancer, diabetes, obesity, and autism and ADHD while pregnant)
- Hidden Ingredients or Contaminants i.e. phthalates, nitrosamines, formaldehyde
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Petroleum Products
- Triclosan (this is the active ingredient in most ANTI-BACTERIAL products and is actually listed as a pesticide)
- Oxybenzone and Octinoxate (endocrine disruptors found in SUNSCREEN -disrupt the brain, reproductive system, metabolism, thyroid, blood sugar, etc…)
- Retinyl Palmitate and Nanoparticles (Carcinogens found in SUNSCREEN and can cause skin cancer and free radicals)
- Aluminum (a known crocinogen and neurotoxin which can cause cancer and destroy nerve tissue and is in almost all ANTIPERSPIRANTS)
- They use many organic ingredients
- They do not test on animals
- All products are GLUTEN FREE
- Most are vegan
- They are affordable, and they work! Seriously, they work just as good, if not better, than many high end brands!