After about 1 1/2 weeks into my Whole30 I wasn’t feeling much better so I started reading the book again and saw that if you have any kind of auto-immune issues it might be helpful to cut out eggs. So I took the plunge and decided to cut out eggs for the remainder of my whole30, not thinking it would be all that hard since I can have sausage and ham with my breakfast smoothie in the mornings and you can’t eat baked goods anyways. But wait…. aren’t there eggs in mayo, which I use every single week for the ranch dip during Wednesday Wing Night? – NNOOO!
There was no way I wasn’t going to have ranch dip during Wednesday Wing Night! So I found an egg free mayo recipe in the Whole30 book (mayo is the main ingredient in ranch dip which is typically made using eggs and oil) but it didn’t translate well to ranch dressing – it had a bit of a gritty texture and WAY too much coconut taste! It did however start me on the right track of coming up with the recipe below. I’ve been eating on it all week and can honestly say I don’t even miss the other dressing, the egg free version tastes just tastes like our regular ranch.
I used coconut cream as the base to give it a nice creamy texture and added olive oil to play down the coconut taste and give it a more authentic flavor which worked great! Then I added the ranch seasonings and voila – perfect egg free ranch, I’m SO excited! Now us egg-free people can have our cake and eat it too, or in this case – ranch dressing! I hope you love it as much as I do, it’s amazing 🙂
- Coconut Cream from 1 Can of Full-Fat Coconut Milk, approximately 1 Cup*, room temperature (OR my cultured dairy free sour, link above, and omit the lemon juice)
- 1/ 2 C Extra Light Olive Oil, Filippo Berio brand**
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Distilled White Vinegar
- ½ tsp. Dried Mustard Powder
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Dill
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
- Dash of Paprika
- Filtered Water, as needed to thin
- Make sure all your ingredients are room temperature.
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Very slowly, add the olive oil while running the food processor on high so it emulsifies and doesn't separate. If mixture looks like it separating, just keep processing on high and slowly adding the oil until it all comes together.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.