I know everyone is busy so I thought I would share this super tasty Beef and Broccoli Take-Out Fake-Out recipe that you can have on the table in no time flat. This is a great recipe when you are craving Chinese food but don’t want to go out (if there’s a gluten free Chinese place near you that is… which there aren’t a lot of!) and don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. It’s quick, easy, healthy, and extremely flavorful – exactly what I look for on a busy weeknight 🙂
Some beef and broccoli recipes are totally bland and soggy, but this recipe is made with fresh crisp-tender broccoli, marinated and perfectly cooked flank or sirloin steak, and an extremely flavorful sauce. Also, we like our beef and broccoli with a hint of sweet – that’s just how we roll- but if you prefer, you can certainly leave out the coconut palm sugar 🙂
A lot of times we eat this recipe as-is, but it can also be served with cauliflower rice, quinoa (shown above), or rice. So good!
UPDATE- Over the past few months I’ve let my Instagram account go inactive, but I’ve started using it again! If you want to follow me there I’ll be posting not only my latest recipes but all kinds of fun updates and gluten free eats! To follow me just click the Instagram Icon on the right of my site and press ‘Follow’:)
- 1½ - 2 Lb. Flank Steak or Sirloin Steak, cut into ¼-inch bite-sized strips
- 2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos for Paleo or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 6-7 C Chopped Broccoli Florets (about 2 medium-sized heads of broccoli)
- 5 Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil + 2 tsp. if needed
- Sesame Seeds, for garnish
- ¾ C Filtered Water
- 1½ Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos for Paleo or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- ¼ tsp. Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp. Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Sherry Cooking Wine
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Palm Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1½ Tbsp. Arrowroot or Tapioca Flour
- Place meat in a large bowl along with rice vinegar and coconut aminos. Toss to combine. Allow to marinade for 10 minutes or up to one hour.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot halfway full of water, bring to boil. Add the broccoli florets and boil 2 - 3 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: Whisk all sauce ingredients together until combined in a large bowl and set aside.
- Once steak has finished marinating, melt 1 Tbsp coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add meat in a single layer. Do not overcrowd pan, cook in batches if needed. Cook until bottom is browned, then flip over and cook until just cooked through, about 3 or 4 minutes. Set meat aside.
- Add the garlic to skillet and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sauce, broccoli, and meat, Stir to combine.
- Continue stirring for 1-2 more minutes, or until sauce comes to a simmer and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
*Note- the picture in the recipe above is from a different beef and broccoli recipe that I never posted because I decided it wasn’t good enough and the picture is terrible. For the life of me, I can not replace the picture with the correct one!!!