We are loving these vegan sunbutter blondies! I mean, really. I’ve probably made 5 batches just in the past few days and we can’t get enough of them. They’re so easy to make, everyone in the family loves them, plus they are vegan, flour-less, nut free, and Paleo – what’s not to love?
And to make this recipe even better, I posted a video!!! But ya’ll, this is my very first recipe video so please be kind to me! I still have a lot to learn and it definitely isn’t perfect but it’s my first one and I’m proud of it! I hope you enjoy it 🙂 …And if any of you are familiar with making recipe videos and have pointers for me please let me know in the comment section below, I need all the help I can get!!!
Pin for later:
Some Helpful Hints:
-I tried using cashew butter and they came out a bit crumbly because the cashew butter is much thicker than Sunbutter. Sunbutter is fairly thin so if you replace it with another nut butter that’s thicker I can’t guarantee the results. If you do use another nut butter and the batter seems thick you could try adding a Tbsp. or so of water but I have not tried it. The batter should have the consistency of a thick cookie dough.
-Please do not adjust the amount of honey or coconut sugar, it will drastically change the texture.
- 1 C Sunbutter (This is the brand of Sunflower Seed Butter that I used. It is nut free and found near the peanut butter in most grocery stores.)
- ¼ C Honey or Maple Syrup for Vegan
- ½ C Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- ⅛ tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp. Ground Chia Seeds
- ½ C Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with foil and grease with olive oil or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sunbutter, honey or maple syrup, coconut palm sugar, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and ground chia seeds. Mix well
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using wet fingers, press the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Cool completely for proper texture, then cut into squares and serve.