*Don’t have an Instant Pot? No problem, I included stove top directions below 🙂
Have I told you guys that I received an Instant Pot as a gift a few months ago and that I am LOVING it?? The Instant pot seems to be all the rage right now and for good reason! It…
- cooks everything super fast
- has a saute function (my favorite!!!)
- has a slow cooker function
- a rice cooker
- a steamer
- a delay start
- will automatically turn off when your food is done and will keep it warm for you
- has tons of presets and more!!!
It’s amazing and I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to post an instant pot recipe! I mainly use it to cook baked potatoes and rice but I’ve also made a roast that only took 45 minutes. Yes – only 45 minutes start to finish!!! I’m still perfecting it though so you’ll have to stay tuned for the recipe 🙂
Today though, I’m sharing my hearty chicken soup recipe. It’s a recipe I frequently make in the winter, but now that I have an instant pot I have a new love for it because it’s so fast and easy to make. It’s warm, comforting, flavorful, healthy, and is loaded with veggies. While we love this recipe just the way it is, it’s very forgiving and I have some ideas for those of you who want to make it Paleo or Vegan compliant… just keep in mind that I haven’t tried them, they are just ideas 🙂
To make it Paleo and Whole30 Compliant: Replace the corn and beans with peas, chopped zucchini, or other veggies of choice.
To make it vegan: Replace 1 chicken breast with a can of chickpeas and replace the other chicken breast with another can of beans or chopped potatoes.
Pin for later:
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, diced
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Small White or Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 1 Seeded Jalapeno, minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 32-oz. Box Chicken Broth
- 3 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Can Northern Beans or Cannallini beans
- 12 oz. Frozen Corn or Veggie of Choice
- 2 C Thinly Sliced Spinach, stems removed
- 2 Large or 3 Small Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ - ¾ Tsp. Sea Salt, or to taste
- ¼ Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
- ¼ Tsp. Dill
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Basil
- Heat the oil in the instant pot using the "saute" setting. Add the carrots, celery, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno and saute until tender, around 5 -8 minutes. Add the garlic and saute another 1 or 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Press "Cancel" on the instant pot.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, seal the lid, and make sure the vent at the top is switched from venting to sealing.
- Manually set the pressure cooker for high pressure for 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Release the pressure manually and carefully remove lid. Remove the chicken, cut it into bite-sized pieces and return to the instant pot.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve immediately.
- Cover Chicken with water in a large pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken, shred with 2 forks, and set aside.
- Rinse out the same large pot you boiled your chicken in, then heat olive oil or coconut oil in it over medium heat.
- Chop up all your veggies. Saute carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno (if using) for 5-8 minutes stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes or until all veggies are tender and soup is heated through. Enjoy your healthy hearty soup!