*Please see my updated Whipped Cream Recipe HERE!
I tried a long time trying to figure out how to make a dairy free whipped cream but now I have it-coconut milk. While you may be skeptical of the coconut milk let me reassure you that it only has the slightest taste of coconut. It had my family asking for seconds and licking their plates clean 🙂
I make this in the summer all the time to eat with fresh berries for a quick snack or dessert!
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated 24 hours or until the cream separates**
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar or honey, to taste (to make unrefined powdered sugar, grind granulated sugar of choice in coffee grinder until it's a fine powder)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Vanilla Stevia, to taste (I usually add 3 drops)
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- Place mixing bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Scoop out the coagulated cream from the coconut milk and place in the cold mixing bowl along with the remaining ingredients.
- Beat or stir all of the ingredients until well mixed.
- Serve with my angel food cake (link above) and strawberries!!!... or whatever floats your boat!