*Note- The picture above is the recipe below with just a few small adjustments to make it lower carb and will be in my upcoming Keto Breads book. However, the picture above looks just like the recipe below. It’s just such a better pic than the original (it was fuzzy!) that I couldn’t help but use it 🙂
Biscuits are a staple that everyone needs and this is my go-to recipe. I tweaked and tweaked until I got them exactly perfect 🙂
What other recipes do you use biscuits in?
Pin for later:
- 2 C + 2 Tbsp blanched almond flour, Honeyville Brand
- 1 C arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1½ t. grain free baking powder
- ½ t. xanthan gum **OR** 1 egg white and 2 more Tbsp. of blanched almond flour
- 2 T coconut palm sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 5 Tbsp allowed butter or ghee
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ C Buttermilk (mix ¼ C non-dairy milk with ¼ t white vinegar or lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Make the buttermilk. Stir together the non-dairy milk and vinegar. Let stand.
- Stir together the almond flour, tapioca or arrowroot, baking powder, xanthan gum (if using), salt, and sugar until well combined.
- Add in the butter and cut in with a pastry cutter (a fork will work also) until well blended.
- Stir in the eggs and buttermilk. The dough should be sticky but not wet, that's what you're going for. Add additional flour if needed.
- Lightly grease a pan, roll dough into golf-ball sized balls, and place close together but not quite touching. The dough makes 10-12 biscuits.
- Lightly press each biscuit to slightly flatten so they look more like biscuits as opposed to a roll.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until nicely browned.