This is a hearty, healthy, comfort style soup with lots of veggies and chicken. The original recipe came from Picky Palate, but she used a ranch seasoning packet that contains milk, so I came up with my own ranch-style seasoning. It turned out full of flavor and my whole family really liked this one.
Next time I’m going to try adding gluten free noodles using this method:
-Add Tinkyada noodles on step 5.
-Boil for 16 minutes, or until noodles are done.
-Reduce to low and simmer 5 minutes before serving.
Hearty Chicken Soup
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, diced
- ½ C Red Bell Pepper
- ½ C White Onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. Seeded Jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 32-oz. Box Chicken Broth (GFCF)
- 3 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Can Northern Beans (white), undrained
- 1 Can Corn, drained (optional)
- 2 C Thinly Sliced Spinach, stems removed
- 2 Large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (or 2 lg. cans of drained, cooked chicken)
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
- ¼ Tsp. Dill
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Basil
- Cover Chicken with water in a large pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken, shred with 2 forks, and set aside.
- Rinse out the same large pot you boiled your chicken in, then heat olive oil in it over medium heat.
- Chop up all your veggies. Saute carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno (if using) for 5-8 minutes stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes. Enjoy your healthy hearty soup!
this post is part of Gluten Free Wednesdays