This dish is creamy, filling, satisfying, and so delicious! I know the ingredient list seems long, but it’s actually quite easy to make and comes together quickly.
The thing that took me the longest was boiling the noodles. But it may be because my stove takes forever to bring a pot of water to a boil… like 25 minutes forever! I had the sauce totally made before my water even started boiling! I usually make rice noodles for the fam and spaghetti squash for me -and even when making 2 types of noodles + the sauce, it still comes together pretty fast and tastes great 🙂 Enjoy!
Pin for later:
* Here are the links to my Dairy Free Sour Cream Recipe, How To Make Zucchini Noodles, and Perfectly Cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Pound Gluten Free Noodles OR Zucchini Noodles OR Spaghetti Squash for Paleo (links above)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 Pound Beef (I prefer lean, organic)
- 3 Tbsp. Non-Dairy Butter or Ghee
- 1 Medium Onion, FinelyChopped
- 8 Oz. Mushrooms Pieces, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Garlic, Minced
- 14½ Oz. Beef Broth (Read labels carefully to ensure it is gluten and dairy free!)
- ¼ C Non-Dairy Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Arrowroot or Tapioca Flour
- ¾ C Dairy Free Sour Cream Recipe (link above) OR Coconut Cream* plus 1½ tsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt, to taste (about 1 to 1½ tsp.)
- Pepper, to taste (about 1 to 1½ tsp.)
- 1 Tsp. Prepared Mustard
- ¼ Tsp. Garlic Powder
- Make sure your sour cream is prepared and in the fridge. Then, cook noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat skillet with olive oil over medium high heat. Add the beef and brown. Drain off fat and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add the butter, onion, and mushrooms. If the mushrooms are large use a wooden spoon to chop 'em up a bit. Cook until veggies are soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Get your beef broth ready cause you don't want to burn the garlic. Now, add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the beef broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix the arrowroot and non-dairy milk. When mixture reaches a boil, add the arrowroot mixture and stir constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream until melted. If it has trouble melting, place on top of the burner you were using (that's now off) and stir until it completely melts. Add the beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mustard. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Serve over hot noodles and enjoy!!!