These double chocolate Paleo cookies are soft, chewy, chocolate-y, and perfectly sweet. I know you will love them as much as we do 🙂
I’ve been on some kind of crazy chocolate kick lately and I really, really wanted some double chocolate chip cookies.
I’ve seen several recipes lately for brownie cookies so that gave me the idea to just use my paleo brownie recipe as a base… and as a base I mean they are almost the exact same recipe! I just added an additional 1/2 C almond flour so they would have more of a cookie texture and I think they are the best cookies I’ve ever made and possibly… ever eaten!
They are soft, chewy, chocolate-y, and perfectly sweet. I know you will love them as much as we did 🙂
pin for later:
- ½ C Whole Pitted Dates (I used 7 Medjool Dates), soaked in hot water if hard
- 1½ C Blanched Almond Flour
- ¼ C Cocao Powder
- ½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ C Creamy Almond Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted (or preferred oil)
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ C Dairy Free Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the almond flour, soda, salt, and cocoa powder to the bowl of a food processor. Whirl several times until well combined.
- Add the dates, almond butter, honey, coconut oil. vanilla, and eggs. Process until well combined, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Pulse in the chocolate chips.
- With well greased or wet hands, roll batter into 12 tablespoon-sized balls and place on parchment paper. Slightly flatten with the palm of your hand. This part is messy. If you need, you can place batter in fridge 30 minutes to make it easier to work with.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes.