I never thought I would be able to make such a great muffin recipe with NO gluten, eggs, OR bananas (we just found out my son has a banana allergy)! After months of recipe testing, I almost gave up but I’m so glad I didn’t because these are perfect!
As they were baking I kept turning on the oven light to check on them and I was getting so excited because I could see them rising beautifully in the oven. Then when I was finally able to try them I fell in love!!!
They have a good crumb and are sweet, tender, fluffy, and lightly speckled with blueberries. So. So. Good. I think these are my favorite muffins ever.
I have a feeling I’m going to be making these over and over, my new obsession 🙂 I mean really, don’t they look amazing?!?
pin for later:
And even though I haven’t tried it yet, I think the Streusel Topping from This Paleo Blueberry Muffin Recipe would be great on these as well!!!
- 1½ Cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder*
- ⅛ tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Coconut Sugar
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon, optional
- ¾ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- ½ Cup Frozen Blueberries
- Additional Coconut Sugar and Oats for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and Line 9 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon (if using) and coconut sugar.
- Stir in the non-dairy milk, applesauce, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly between the 9 muffin cups.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.