As I’m sure you can tell by now (since this is the 4th treat like this in a row that I’ve posted!) I LOVE no-bake poppable treats! They are easy to make, filling, portable, and the perfect snack or dessert in-between meals.
These Lemon Poppyseed Energy Bites taste like sunshine to me – well, anything lemon tastes like sunshine to me 🙂 No, but really they are rich, thick, dense, and have the flavor of a lemon poppyseed muffin – but way healthier! They are super filling and full of healthy fats, protein, and are low-carb, if that’s your thing. The guys in my house aren’t huge fans of lemon, but I don’t mind because that just leaves more for me and my daughter, we adore all things lemon 🙂
*Note- If you are strict Keto these may not be right for you because they have approximately 9 grams of carbs per bite. When I was coming up with the recipe I didn’t realize how many carbs cashew butter has!
pin for later:
- 1 Cup Cashew Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice, more to taste
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 1 C Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 Tbsp. Vanilla Protein Powder or Collagen
- ⅓ C Erithritol or Swerve
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Chia Seeds
- 1½ Tbsp. Poppyseeds
- 1 Tbsp. Erithritol or Swerve
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all of the filling ingredients into the bowl of a food processor except the the poppyseeds. Pulse until completely combined.
- Then pulse in the poppyseeds until combined.
- Form mixture into small balls with your hands and place on the cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients.
- Roll each ball in the topping mixture to very lightly coat.
- Place back on the baking sheet and place in the fridge or freezer until set.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
adapted from PaleOMG