These stuffed bell peppers combine ground beef, veggies, and marinara sauce for an easy and healthy allergy friendly dinner any night of the week.
I’ll keep it short and sweet today since it’s finally nice outside and I have big plans to plant some tomatoes 🙂
This recipe has been a staple in my house for years and I’m excited to finally be posting it! It’s super easy to make, Paleo and Keto friendly, and is loaded with veggies.
You start by chopping off the tops and scooping out the seeds of some bell peppers. Then you place them cut-side down and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
While the peppers are cooking, you brown some ground beef with an onion. Once the meat is browned you add a chopped zucchini, garlic, and mushrooms. Then you just saute the mixture until the veggies get soft.
Now this is my favorite part, you pour in a cup of store-bought marinara sauce – my secret ingredient! It’s easy to find allergy friendly marinara sauce, it’s not too expensive, and using store bought makes life so much easier 🙂
After that, scoop the filling into the bell peppers and top with a bit more marinara to keep the filling from drying out. Then, I topped mine with some dairy free mozzarella cheese but that part is totally optional.
Now bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and your easy, healthy, allergy friendly dinner is done – viola!!!
Pin for later:
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut, Avocado, or Olive Oil
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef, preferably organic and grass fed
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 4 Bell Peppers, any color
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Zucchini, finely chopped
- 8 oz. Mushrooms, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup Marinara Sauce + Extra for top (I use a store bought that's low carb and dairy free)
- Dairy Free Mozzarella Cheese for top, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and take out the seeds. Place cut side down on a large baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Once hot, add the onion and ground beef and cook until browned.
- Then, add the mushroom, garlic, and zucchini. Saute until veggies are tender, 5 - 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 Cup of marinara sauce and mix to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Arrange bell peppers cut side up on the baking sheet and spoon the filling into each bell pepper. The filling should generously fill the 4 bell peppers. Spoon additional marinara sauce over each bell pepper to keep them from drying out. Then, lightly sprinkle with dairy free mozzarella cheese if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.