Last Updated on
You will love this classic gluten free apple crisp recipe! It’s an easy to make, warm, and comforting dessert that’s perfect on a nice fall day.
Today I’m sharing a gluten free apple crisp recipe from Chrystal Carver’s new book, “Sweet & Simple Gluten-Free Baking – Irresistible Classics In 10 Ingredients or Less!” But before I get to the recipe, let me tell you a little bit about Chrystal Carver and her new book 🙂
Chrystal Carver has 2 children who are gluten intolerant and blogs over at Gluten Free Palate. After spending lots of money of on packaged gluten free foods that didn’t even taste that good, she decided to make her own recipes. And from there came her blog and her cookbook!
In her book, she gives you an option of 2 different gluten free flour blends (one rice based and one bean based) to use in her classic recipes and every recipe uses 10 ingredients or less – YAY!!! While her recipes aren’t Paleo, they look very easy and totally delicious! Additionally, every recipe has a beautiful, full page picture, the nutritional breakdown, and substitution notes.
I got the chance to make her apple crisp recipe and we LOVED it!!! I did substitute the 1/2 C of her all-purpose flour with 1/3 C of arrowroot and 3 Tbsp. of Blanched Almond flour and used coconut palm sugar instead of brown sugar and it still turned out perfect 🙂
Other recipes in her book include:
Fruit Filled Oatmeal Squares
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies and much, much more!
In addition to sharing her apple crisp recipe I’m also giving away a free copy of her book! To enter, just leave a comment telling me what your favorite dessert is. For an additional entry, follow me on Facebook or Pinterest and leave another comment telling me that you follow me there as well. The giveaway will close on Sunday, November 2nd at 12 pm central time.
Or pin for later:
Gluten Free Apple Crisp
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 4 Medium Granny Smith Apples cored, peeled, and sliced
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 C All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend*
- 1/2 C Gluten Free Quick Oats
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/3 C Butter Softened (dairy free can be substituted)
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Position the oven rack in center of oven. Lightly spray or grease an 8x8x2" square pan.
- Spread apple slices evenly on bottom of the pan. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. With a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Evenly sprinkle the topping over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Store at room temperature.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
this post is part of Gluten Free Wednesdays & Allergy Free Wednesdays