This Paleo Banana Bread is the best recipe around! It’s soft, moist, and delicious with plenty of banana flavor!
Several months back a friend handed me this recipe and said, “You have to make this, this is THE BEST BANANA BREAD!”
Well, I finally got around to making it and I agree, it is the best banana bread! I had to make some changes for it be grain and refined sugar free, but the changes were simple. I replaced the 1 3/4 C of rice flour with almond and arrowroot and I used coconut palm sugar instead of white sugar.
If you notice, I don’t use the claim that my recipes are “the best” very often. Even with recipes I love, I’m always looking for a way to improve them. And have you seen all of the gluten free blogs??? There are some fantastic recipes!!! I think the only other recipe that I claim to be “the best” is my cinnamon roll recipe. And even that recipe I revised to also be a yeast free recipe.
But there will be no revisions of this recipe, it simply is the best!
Easy Paleo Banana Bread Instructions
First, you mash 1 cup of bananas. This is around 2 large bananas.
Then, you whisk together some almond flour, arrowroot flour, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
After that, you cream together the shortening and coconut palm sugar, then add the eggs, vanilla, and bananas. I took a picture of this step but it turned out so blurry I couldn’t do that to your poor eyes, lol!
Then you stir in the dry ingredients and pour it into the pan. See my cute little disposable pan I got at Wal-Mart? If you can’t find a small loaf pan, you can buy one on Amazon.
Now you just bake it and voila! The best banana bread!
The Best Paleo Banana Bread
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8 x 4 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas with potato masher or 2 forks, set aside.
- Cream the shortening and coconut sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and bananas.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 50 - 55 minutes. Check after 40 minutes and cover with foil if the top is getting too brown.
- Cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.