These Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins are light, tender, and simply amazing! Plus, they are Paleo compliant!!
I haven’t been spending much time in the kitchen this summer, but since I had so much fresh zucchini I decided to whip up these secretly healthy chocolate chip zucchini muffins. I didn’t tell my kiddos how healthy they were or that they had zucchini in them, I just called them chocolate chip muffins and they went crazy over them 🙂
We enjoyed these muffins with breakfast and for afternoon snacks but they would also be great with some cream cheese frosting spread on top for dessert. I had every intention of doing this but they were gone before I could get the frosting made!
Besides tasting awesome and being secretly healthy, they’re also super simple to make.
here are the steps:
Start by whisking all of the dry ingredients in a bowl until it looks like one lovely flour and set it aside.
Then, using either a food processor or a hand grater, grate 1 C of zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini) and set that aside also. I used the grater attachment and the ‘S’ blade of my food processor to get a fine grate, but I had to take the grater attachment off to get a good picture… just in case you were wondering 🙂
In another very large bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet, then add the melted coconut oil. I don’t add the coconut oil to the wet ingredients because I don’t want to cold eggs to solidify the oil.
Stir in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips. Do you like my baby bugs bunny spoon I stirred my batter with? 🙂
Evenly divide the batter between the 12 baking cups, about 1/3 C of batter per cup.
Bake at 350 degrees for 17 – 20 minutes. Then cool and enjoy 🙂
Pin for later:
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
*For grain free baking powder combine 1 part baking soda, 2 parts cream of tartar, and 2 parts arrowroot, tapioca, OR potato flour.
- 2 C Blanched Almond Flour Honeyville Brand
- 2/3 C Arrowroot Flour Tapioca Flour *MAY* Work
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Grain Free Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 1/3 C Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1/4 C Refined Coconut Oil melted
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 1 C Grated Zucchini
- 1/2 C Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips or preferred chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with 12 baking cups.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Using a food processor or hand grater, finely grate the zucchini (about 1 zucchini) and set aside.
- In another very large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Then, melt the coconut oil, measure out 1/4 C, and stir into the batter also.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide the batter between the baking cups.
- Bake 17 - 20 minutes or until nicely browned. Cool before serving.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
Any of the links in my post may be affiliate links, so if you purchase something through them I may make a small commission. Thank you for your support to help pay for the cost of running this free resource!