Heavy metals and unsafe ingredients are common in beauty products and are linked to serious health problems. That's why clean beauty is a must. But not just any clean beauty - high performing, quality clean beauty.
Want to keep up-to-date on all things clean beauty? Join my BRAND NEW Clean Beauty Facebook Group!
Why Safe Cosmetics And Clean Beauty Are Important
After numerous health problems (see my About Page) I made a complete over-haul on my family's diet. We removed gluten, most grains, refined sugar, and switched to grass-fed and organic as much as possible. But I soon discovered that clean living is more than just clean eating.
I never thought much about my make-up or skincare routine. I was happy with the brands I was using and had no idea that they could be dangerous to my health.
I soon found out otherwise.
Did you know that your skin is your largest organ? And what you put on it can go directly to your bloodstream without being filtered by the liver to remove any harmful chemicals and metals!
After doing some research, I learned some astonishing facts!
Did you know...
- Heavy metals, formaldehyde, parabens, and SLS and SLES, just to name a few (here is a more detailed list), are all common ingredients in make-up and skincare. These ingredients have been linked to cancer, hormone disruption, organ damage, allergies, developmental disorders, Alzheimers, autism, reproductive problems, birth defects, immune system problems, and numerous more health issues. (*If you're looking to detox from chemicals and metals you've already been exposed to, see the bottom of this post)
- Toxins and metals promote weight gain and prevent you from losing weight.
- The US has not passed a federal law regulating the cosmetic industry since 1938.
- The Food and Drug Administration does not require that cosmetic ingredients or products be approved before they go on the market and does not have the authority to remove harmful ingredients from the products we put on our bodies and on our kids' bodies every single day, day after day.
- Canada has banned or restricted nearly 600 ingredients and The European Union has banned nearly 1400 ingredients from cosmetics and personal care products.
- The US has only banned or restricted 30 ingredients from cosmetics and personal care products.
Head over the Environmental Working Group and see how YOUR beauty products stack up. Even some of my 'natural' products still didn't receive a very good rating!
Why I Chose Beautycounter
I grew up in a family of cosmetologists, so high-quality make-up and skin-care was a must. I have to say, I was super skeptical about changing up my routine. I was worried I would waste my money on make-up that wasn't up the standards I'm used to.
But after I found Beautycounter, my worry was over! Their products are just as good as the high-quality products I was used to while not containing any of the nasties. I no longer had to compromise health for beauty!
There are over 1500 questionable ingredients that are never used in the formulation of their products - setting a health standard I can feel good about!
They even include components of fragrances, flavors, and preservatives! This is awesome because many "natural" brands still contain unsafe and questionable ingredients in their fragrances and preservatives.
They also have every batch of color cosmetics third-party tested for heavy metals!
My Favorite Products
Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer With SPF
Since my hubby's bout with skin cancer this past year I've been super obsessed with sunscreen! But I don't want any sunscreen with cancer-causing ingredients - that completely defeats the purpose!
That's one reason I love the Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer with SPF. It gives me the safe sun protection I need while providing subtle coverage.
It also lasts a really long time because it's a large 1.35 oz size, over 1/3 more than other safer foundations on the market!
Or if you're looking for more than light, subtle coverage, the Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation effortlessly covers imperfections and evens out skin tones. It's great all by itself or over the Dew Skin Moisturizer With SPF. I then use the Mattifying Powder and I'm good to go!
I wasn't sure if I would like the concealer pen. I've always used a cream concealer, but I have to say, it covers my imperfections and under-eye circles like a boss!
Most natural shampoos leave my hair heavy and flat, but the Beautycounter Shampoo leaves my hair soft, volumized, and full of life! I also love that I only need a quarter-sized amount, because with other brands it seems like I have to use half a bottle to coat my thick hair!
It also smells great and lathers well.
Charcoal Face Mask
I think the charcoal face mask is the one skincare product I can't live without. It really helps with blackheads, absorbs excess oil, and makes my skin SO soft and smooth!
When I first started using Beautycounter I was amazed at how vibrant the colors were and how flattering they were with my skin tone. Not only that, but it stayed on forever! I wasn't re-applying my blush and lipstick every hour, which also helps with the budget!
3 Ways To Shop Or Get Involved With Beautycounter
1) Become A Customer
Shop Beautycounter.com and start swapping out your beauty products with safer, non-toxic versions from Beautycounter.
Be sure to select "Cassidy Stauffer" as your consultant
2) Become A Band Of Beauty Member
For a $29 annual membership, your Band Of Beauty Membership will include:
- 10% back in product credit to be used on future purchases
- Free shipping on all orders of $100 or more
- Free welcome gift with a $50 purchase (gift varies each month) For the month of December, you'll receive a FREE Body Butter In Citrus Mimosa!
- Exclusive members-only offers
Be sure to select "Cassidy Stauffer" as your mentor
3) Become A Consultant
If you're passionate about clean make-up and skincare, join my team!
You get 25% off (or more) your own orders and you get the opportunity to earn some additional income by educating others about the skincare industry and how to make safer choices.
Some consultants earn a full-time income, while others do it on the side to share their passions and supplement their regular income. It is very flexible — really whatever you want it to be!
We are a direct retail company; we do not require that you spend a minimum amount on products every month and the start-up fee is only $98!
*Note- If you're looking to detox from heavy metals and chemicals you've already been exposed to (which we all have!), my family and I love and use Microbe Formulas Products. I'm not an affiliate, I just love their products!