You may also like my cream cheese frosting that is dairy, soy, and refined sugar free!!!
Dairy Free Cream Cheese
As I was going through my recipe box this week preparing to buy groceries, I came across several recipes that called for cream cheese. I was determined to come up with a cashew, dairy free cream cheese recipe that tasted just as good as the original!
*Next time I make this I think I’ll try making it with Macadamia nuts to try and make it a more white color.
Paleo And Dairy Free Cream Cheese
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 1 1/2 C RAW cashews if you don't have a high speed blender, soak in hot water 30+ minutes
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 - 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum optional but will help thicken
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil solid or liquid form
- 3 Tbsp. non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. tahini
- 1/2 C water as needed
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- up to 1/4 tsp. garlic powder as desired
- Soak cashews in very hot water for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Or in room temperature water overnight.
- Drain and rinse cashews. Then, add to blender.
- Add remaining ingredients using only 1/4 C of the water. Blend on high until well combined and smooth. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- Add additional water as needed to help facilitate blending.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 - 45 minutes or until slightly thickened. If left in fridge too long (an hour +) it become hard. Set out on counter until soft enough to handle if needed.
*Without a Vita-Mix, you will probably not be able to get your mixture completely smooth, but really close.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.