I go back and forth as to whether I prefer waffles or pancakes better, but at the moment I am LOVING waffles! I’ve been making these Paleo & Vegan Waffles almost every day since we got home from vacation last week and we can’t get enough!
Some people think that making waffles is a weekend activity that takes tons of time and makes a big mess, but I’m here to change that with these easy blender waffles!
This waffle batter can be mixed up in a blender in less than 10 minutes so you can enjoy them anytime, not just on the weekends. Or if you’re in a real hurry you can make them ahead of time and freeze them – easy peasy! Just pop them in the toaster and you’re good to go! And if you don’t have a blender, no need to worry – you can also mix up the batter in a bowl by hand 🙂
Not only are these easy to make, they also have a thick, bread-like center with a super crispy outside that makes perfect pockets for your butter and syrup 🙂 There is no aftertaste, no grittiness, and they don’t fall apart…. they are real, diner-like waffles. Enjoy!
Pin for later:
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 1/2 - 1 C Water as needed to thin batter
- 1/4 C Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Distilled White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds Mixed With 1/2 C + 1 Tbsp. Hot Water or 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Ghee or Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder*
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Palm Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 1 C Tapioca Flour
- 1 1/2 C Blanched Almond Flour super finely ground
- Coconut Oil or Olive Oil to grease the waffle iron.
- Pre-heat waffle iron.
- Mix together the ground flax seeds and warm water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- Mix together the non-dairy milk and vinegar in a small bowl, set that aside also.
To Mix With Blender:
- Add all of the ingredients in the order listed into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula if necessary to ensure there is not flour stuck to the sides of the blender.
To mix by hand:
- Add all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Grease the waffle iron with coconut oil or olive oil and pour or ladle batter into pre-heated waffle iron and cook until golden brown, crisp, and cooked through or as directed by the manufacturer.
- Serve hot with ghee or non-dairy butter and pure maple syrup.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.