Paleo Strawberry Pie
I love strawberry season and I love this gluten free strawberry pie! I always buy organic strawberries because conventional strawberries are full of harmful pesticides. Did you know that strawberries are #3 on the dirty dozen list this year of fruits & veggies that contain the most pesticides?
But this time of year I can find beautiful organic strawberries at a reasonable price. And, every year, I make this beautiful strawberry pie. It’s not only one of our favorites but it’s healthy to boot and allergy friendly 🙂 It’s free of gluten, grain, dairy, refined sugar, eggs, and food coloring!!! Enjoy!
Fresh Strawberry Pie
Any links on this site may be affilate links. If you purchase anything through them, your cost will remain the same, but I may make a small comission. Thank you for your support!
- 1 C Blanched Almond Flour Honeyville brand
- 1/2 C Arrowroot or Tapioca Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Whole Psyllium Husks OR 1 tsp xanthan gum OR 2 Additional Tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- 1/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp. Allowed Butter Ghee, or Refined Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Whole Egg *or a gelatin egg, link above
- 2 Tsp. Honey
- Ice Cold Water as needed
- 1 Pint Organic Strawberries
- 2/3 C Honey
- 3 Tbsp. Arrowroot Flour
- 1/3 C Cold Water
- 1/4 C All Natural Strawberry Jello this is not the entire package
- FOR THE CRUST:
- In a food processor, pulse the almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, salt, and psyllium husks until well mixed.
- Cut the butter into small pieces, add to the flour mixture, and pulse until the flour resembles sand with small balls of butter in it. Then, add the remaining ingredients and process until it forms a ball. Dough should have a consistency similar to play-dough, so if it's too hard add 1 tsp. ice cold water until it reaches the right texture.
- Form dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and put in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
- Press dough into greased pie pan and prick the bottom with a fork to keep it from puffing up. Then, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and place crust in freezer for 15 minutes while oven is heating. ***If you want to use this crust for a filling that needs to be baked, add filling here. Almond flour burns easily so you may need to cover the crust with a ring made of aluminum foil***
- Bake 12 -15 minutes, or until nicely browned. Cool completely.
FOR THE FILLING:
- Start by washing and hulling all of the strawberries. Then, divide the strawberries in half. Finely chop one half of the strawberries and cut the rest in half.
- In a medium-sized saucepan mix together the chopped strawberries and honey. Bring to boil and allow to boil 3 -5 minutes.
- While it's boiling, mix together the arrowroot and cold water in a small bowl. Add the the mixture and stir constantly until thick, about a minute. Remove from heat and immediately stir in the gelatin until dissolved.
- Now, stir in the remaining strawberry halves, completely coating them in the mixture. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour into pre-baked crust and place uncovered in fridge until completely set, at least an hour.
Nutritional information is approximate and may vary.
Pin Strawberry Pie For Later